One or more movements seem to be afoot here in the US to amend the constitution to overturn Citizens United.
As long as people are campaigning for an amendment, why not campaign for several? The economies of scale will be tremendous. The same meetings, letters, sessions with online petitioning sites, delegate-electing drives, paper petition drives, etc. can about as easily push for several amendments as for one.
1. Corporations aren’t people. On this issue, the formulation of Senator Bernie Sanders might be about as good as any. I like the fact that among other provisions, it would absolutely prohibit corporations from spending on election campaigns.
2. Ranked voting for the presidency and for the seats in the Senate and in the House of Representatives (or whatever bodies replace them as a result of elaborating #4 and #5 below).
3. Direct popular vote for the president (if the office survives; see #6).
4. Proportional representation.
5. Direct democracy.
6. Reduce powers of presidency and/or replace it with a prime minister office filled by a parliament.